Sunday, September 22, 2013

Queensland 2013

Now playin': Wonderwall - Oasis
The last I posted (which was over a month ago) covered how hectic life was since I got back from Sydney and that I was heading to Brisbane, Australia, and at the same time, Gold Coast. Well I got back to Singapore 5 days ago and I am definitely not too happy to be back tbh. But well, everything good must come to an end at some point, no? 

I had an AHHHMAYYYYZING 23 days there! I had such a great time it was insane! I was mainly travelling on my own with the occasional meetup with friends there and then befriending a group of lovely Americans who I then ended up spending most of my last 2 weeks with! Yknow how I tend to use words like #YOLO and #SWAG ironically? Well lately, I've been using YOLO a lot more! And not even ironically. Not too sure if that's a good thing but main point is that I've been pushing myself outside my comfort zone from my last trip to this and I've not regretted a single thing! It's incredible what travelling (especially alone) does to you. 

I've been getting quite a bit of shit over the fact that 1) I keep travelling alone (because people think it's lonely and boring and stuff like that) & 2) I keep going back to Aussie (cuz people say that I'm not adventurous enough). Well, to all of you, 

You are aware that Australia is a CONTINENT right? There's so many states & places to visit and they're not all the same. Just so you know, Australia is NOT Singapore. It takes a hell lot more than just 3 weeks at a place to cover the CONTINENT. And what's this about me not being adventurous? What have you been doing with YOUR life? 

Travelling alone lets you have some "alone time". It allows you to reflect on things and understand yourself better. It allows you to look at things with a different perspective, feel more comfortable in your own skin and indulge in the surroundings, culture etc. It's a whole different feeling when you're exploring a foreign land alone. It's scary but that's what pushes you on to get out of your comfort zone and make something out of your trip, allowing it to be fulfilling. Yes, I won't deny that travelling in a group will definitely mean more fun when it comes to doing certain things. But there might be unnecessary conflict along the way. You don't need to plan your day based on the people around you that you're travelling with. Call me selfish but I like to do what I want to do. I mean occasionally, I don't mind "going with the flow" when I meet up with people I know there but I'd rather have time alone. 

In a nutshell, travelling alone is truly one of the best things in life. You get to meet people from all walks of life that you may never have talked/befriended with if you were in a group and also do things that challenge you and your comfort zone. You get to find yourself along the way and if you don't, you're definitely doing it wrong! 

Ironically, the people who have made all those comments to me are the ones who MUST travel in a large group and don't travel anywhere out of Asia or even any further than HK. So... like bitch please, talk to me again when you've ventured out. :) 

ANYHOOS, back to my trip, I'm quite glad to have people there that are absolute sweethearts and check in on my well-being every now and then. ;') I had a whole list of things that I wanted to visit/do and I've completely basically 95% of it with the remaining 5% being that of things that were expensive to do (I was on a super tight budget), needed a car as it'd be wayyyy easier (i don't have a driver's license so.....:/) & mostly in Gold Coast as I only went up there for a day, which was truly a pity. I definitely will go back there for a visit again one day! I'm pretty damn proud of myself. I'll just end off this brief post with a few.. or maybe a hundred photos from my trip (i took a total of 7000photos. Lol. Like whuttttt?)! x

PS: If you're looking to travel to Australia and are looking for some information (especially if you are going there for the first time), visit www.koalifiedtravel.com!












































































































































































































No comments: