Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well, it's 2012!

mood: lazy
now playin': What Kind of Fool - Glee cast


Well, it's nearly a month into the new year. A terribly hectic start to the year juggling Tertiary & Uni life. The reason why I'm juggling Uni as well right now is because I need to complete my Foundation (bridging) modules before my intake in April So I've no choice but to struggle now or I've to join the September intake instead, which is definitely not what I want although I do admit, right now, I really think I need the rest after graduating from poly. At least, after my exam last week, I've had time to rest and hangout with friends I've not met in a while and also, just in time for Chinese New Year!!

I'm the youngest in my Foundation class for Principles of Public Relations & it came to a great shock to everyone that I'm only 19 because everyone else were past 23 (or 25?) years old & most (if not all) of them were working adults and of a pretty high post. :O Everyone (family, friends & well, classmates) have all been telling me I'm mad kiasu to not take a break after graduating and instead, head straight to Uni. Everyone tells me to take things slow, take a break & enjoy life because I'm still young.

It's not that I don't want to. I do. But it's just that...I can't help myself. I can't stop myself for wanting to rush in my education because I know for a fact that the moment I take a break, I'll fall right back into my bad habits and lose interest. It takes nearly FOREVER just to get me into the momentum to study and it's why I just want to get everything done while I still have the passion and momentum to.
It's a crazily fast-paced world and if you snooze, you lose.
I firmly believe (and this is just MY perspective) that this is a paper=chase society that moves at a crazy speed. You can't slow down much less, stop, because the moment you do so, someone, somewhere, somehow, is catching up to you and overtaking you. You're going to lag behind. There's no time nor room for anyone to come in second. I don't want to be overtaken because you may say I'm full of myself or wtv, but I know I have what it takes.

Yes, I may not be the brightest person. I don't come in top much where education is concerned. But I know what I want and at my own pace, increasing steadily, pushing myself to improve, I'll keep up the advantage. God's given me a head start right now & I just need to keep this up. It's going to be a long, cold, hard & rough road. But I want this so much.
No one will ever fathom how much I want to excel in life & achieve everything I have ever desired.

Back to topic, it's been so busy & I've never wanted something so much that I'm willing to sleep only for an hour or maximum, 3 hours in one night. Because I had all my assignments back-to-back, this was my routine:

School - Home - Dinner whilst doing assignment - rest for an hour - continue with assignments till 4/5/6am (depending what time classes for uni & poly starts) - wake up at 7am, do a little more before getting ready for school.

6 days of school (altogether), assignments, UT2 & Exams. All clashing. And this is my daily routine. Just 1o or 11days ago, I looked the ultimate mess. So drained that I looked like trash & I cried at every little shit that went wrong. -.- Everyone was commenting on how drained I looked. BUT, I finished ALL 3 assignments at the same time, just slightly before the deadlines & pretty well. Bloody proud of myself!

Love my first foundation module! Really an eye-opener. 9-hours worth of lecture and I survived! Had my first exam last friday & it was pretty fine! Hoping for the best! Gonna start on my 2nd foundation module on the 3rd of Feb!

Never struggled this much in my LIFE thus far. So this really is a whole new level of stress. All these while, when I complained I was stress, it was nothing as compared to this. Never felt the need to do everything well up till now. It's a really new experience. :)

Before forgetting...


GONG HEI FATT CHOY! GONG XI FA CAI!

No comments: