Saturday, February 04, 2012

PLAGIARISM MUCH?

If you haven't been following my tweets or fb, then here's the story...
a junior plagiarized my status & placed it as his own even after commenting on his status (which he deleted), he never even uttered a word of apology. WTF.

DEFINITION OF PLAGIARISM:
"The unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of themas one's own original work, as by not crediting the author." (Credit)




Yes, you may think I'm really petty for being mad at this kid who practically stole 50% of my status right under my nose. Here's why I'm pissed:

1) ASK FOR PERMISSION. If you want to use someone's status (or even PART of it), at least have the BASIC COURTESY to ask!

2) COWARDLY ACT. I commented on his status saying, "lol. Half of this status is like.....mine." Not only did he not have the balls to leave my comment there, he deleted it (dare to plagiarise but don't dare let other people see my comment calling your bluff!?) and wrote on my wall saying:


This is his status:
HE STILL HAD THE CHEEK TO "HAHA" ME!? WTF?

3) NO BASIC MANNERS to even apologise. If he had just said, "sorry, my mistake." I would have just let the matter pass.

4) Nothing was done after that wall post. He didn't even reply on my comment to his wall post even after I told him to give me credit, nothing was done. Wtf.

5) My braincells did the thinking. Yes, I was the one who thought of how to troll about all the shit #foreveraloneonValentinesDay crap people have been spamming. So DON'T YOU DARE just use it and worse still...

POST YOUR STATUS A FEW MINUTES AFTER MINE.

What? Did he really think I was not going to say anything about it? Did he really not think I won't see that status? I AM NO PUSHOVER. Being a junior from my school & a close friend to one of my junior who is pretty close to me,

DID YOU REALLY THINK I WON'T SAY/DO ANYTHING ABOUT YOU TAKING CREDIT?



Okay, I know yall must be like, "Woah! He's still in secondary school!? Small kid only, let him be" or even "Wtf! Why's she's making a big deal outta this?" The reason why I'm pissed about this is that you don't just take someone else's work and make it your own just cos you "edited" a couple of works. Even in school, RP students usually share their presentation slides (i don't do this anymore btw). I don't even just take someone's slide and claim it's mine okay!! I make sure I change it, rephrase as much as I can and if I take anything from the net, I'll rephrase it with accreditation.

Don't tell me that he's still in secondary school that's why he doesn't know about plagiarism. I was in that same secondary school & the school is VERY strict about plagiarism! And c'mon, I'm pretty damn sure ALL the schools keep emphasizing how wrong plagiarism is.

I wanna see how badly he'll suffer doing referencing in the future. Since right now, on fb, it's so fucking easy to just tag me in his post or even just drop me a comment saying,"Hey! I'm gonna use part (he srsly used more than 50%!) of your status alright? :) Thanks!" LIKE THAT ALREADY CANNOT, HE'LL SUFFER DOING APA FORMAT REFERENCING FOR HIS ASSIGNMENTS, I SWEAR.

I would love to just shrug this off but why I'm so unwilling to just forgive is simply because NOT A WORD OF APOLOGY WAS UTTERED. SERIOUSLY? IT'S BASIC MANNERS DAMN IT. HOW ABOUT I ASK SOMEONE TO TAKE YOUR WORK & THEN NOT CREDIT YOU? HAPPY OR NOT? NO RIGHT!?

Same logic.

Yes, it wasn't hard work or whatever. But it still doesn't change the fact that
1) My braincells came up with it.
2) He has no manners & courtesy.
3) He plagiarised it.


If you wanna plagiarise someone's status, don't fucking post that status just MINUTES after the person wrote the status, jackass. It's as good as a thief stealing right in front of the police!

No comments: